This app has already been viewed 18 times!
Description:Oilist: the Artist in your pocket.
Makes Fine Art. All saved at canvas-worthy 4k resolution.
"Oilist is an artist in your phone, one that you watch sketch, paint, and craft a unique version of a photo you’ve shot." - MacStories, May 2017
"App of the week: Oilist review - Hypnotic, engaging, with a longevity that escapes most filter apps, and with high-res output so you can use it to create real-world art." - Stuff Magazine, April 2017
Give Oilist an image and it will automatically generate a genuine and unique work of art based on it. Painted for you in real time! Participate or spectate, it's up to you, Oilist will delight!
Oilist comes with 48 infinitely customizable styles; from photo-realist, to impressionist, to abstract. Every style except for our photo-realist style has three different levels of abstraction to choose from.
Oilist is not a photo filter. Unlike most filter apps, Oilist will never generate the same results twice, and is capable of creating, from photo-realist, to absolutely abstract artwork based on your photos! Instead of applying a fixed formula to an image as photo filters typically do, Oilist analyzes the supplied image using computer vision technology, then paints simulated paint particles that are applied using various brush strokes and techniques.
At anytime during the painting process, 4k resolution images may be captured as often as desired.
When Oilist is painting, styles may be infinitely customized with 17 different presets (these were called Styles in previous versions of Oilist), 13 different painting moods, 15 different brushes, setting brush options such as the size and spacing, and by splashing imperfections with our exciting Chaos tool. The gravity of the paint may be controlled by tilting the device and the brush angles may be controlled by yawing (rotating) the device. To rapidly change settings, it is possible to pause the painting by tapping in the paint area, make any desired changes, the tap in the painting area again to unpause the painting.
New and interesting results may be obtained by alternating settings with new settings painted on top of the previous settings. For instance, first paint a layer using the Warm mood followed by a layer using the Cool mood. The use of large brushes tend to create more abstract artwork and smaller brushes work best for high definition detail.
Oilist will automatically provide smaller brush strokes and greater photo-realism to detected faces. This can optionally be disabled by opening the Settings app, tapping on Oilist and disabling face detection.
Check out #oilist and follow us @3dtopo on Instagram and Twitter!
Release Notes:• Live style previews
• Much higher resolution brush work and a new detail brush pass
• Includes over 40 all new styles; each a neural network trained to different artwork
• Every neural network style has three levels of abstraction to choose from
• What were styles in Oilist 1.x are now presets and can be changed anytime during painting
• Paints faster and smoother while being much more energy efficient compared to Oilist 1.x
• Brush strokes now flow with the objects being painted (vs pseudo-random waves before)
• Painting now emerges from chaos and no longer first fills detected faces out
• Blank areas potentially possible with Oilist 1.x are now practically impossible
• Refined presets (formerly Styles), including a redesigned abstract preset
• New painting speed preference, improved manual gravity control and refined brushes
• Will now prompt the user if they want to capture an image or continue painting
• New Color (hue) mood
- Version 2.0.0
- Created & Sold by 3DTOPO Inc.
- Released on April 20, 2017
- File Size: 151 MB
- Price: $12.9
- This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
- Age Rating: 4+
- Categories: Photo & Video & Entertainment